because two is better than one.
good to know!
Now to buy only genetically modified food.
NATURAL Red Velvet Cupcakes ‘n Pancakes with Healthy Cream Cheese Frosting!
INGREDIENTS (6 cupcakes and 10 mini pancakes)
- 1 cup oats
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 steamed beet
- 1 TBSP pure vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP ground flax seed
- 2 TBSP baking powder
- pinch of salt
- a squeeze of lemon
FROSTING (for cupcakes)
- 4 oz of 1/3 less fat Cream Cheese
- 1 TBSP of nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp of honey
- drops of natural beet juice to desired color of pink
- dash of psyllium husk to thicken (optional)
CREAM CHEESE DRIZZLE (for pancakes)
- Same as above but add a dash of almond milk to make it more liquidy! Or if you want the consistency to be more ooey gooey add another tsp of honey!
DIRECTIONS FOR CUPCAKES:
- Grab a fresh beet. Chop off the head and tail. Wash the skin thoroughly! You need to scrub it to get the dirt off.
- Then place it in a small bowl filled with a couple TBSP of water. Cover with saran wrap. Then microwave for about 5 min or until soft enough to puree.
- Now! Place the beet in a blender, squeeze some lemon (to preserve radiant red color) and turn it into a soft puree. If you are having difficulty mixing, feel free to add a tiny bit of water.
- Mix the beet puree with all of your other ingredients in the blender!
- Spray your muffin tin with some cooking oil, then pour it in!
- Bake at 350F for about 15 min or until the center is no longer sticky when you dip a toothpick down it.
- Let them cool! I put them in the freezer for about 15 min.
- Then spoon your frostings into ziplock baggies, cup a small hole at the end of a corner, and go decorating crazy!
- You’re done. Now eat. WELL DESERVED.
DIRECTIONS FOR PANCAKES:
- Use the same batter. Just spray your griddle with cooking oil then pour it on, flip, and bam you’re done!
- Drizzle with the cream cheese drizzle recipe.
Share, pin, reblog!
After battling an eating disorder for 3 years i set on a painful recovery and gained back all of the original weight i had lost and then some over the course of 3 months.After that i began a healthy lifestyle and therapy to help me on the road.
Here is my three week progress- weight training for an hour everyday and running two miles six times a week. One gallon of water a day and super clean eating with one cheat day a week. THREE WEEKS and this is the improvement i saw. I cannot wait until i have reached my goal. If i can do this, all of you can. On the left- Im 5”3 and on the left 150, on the right 142 pounds. Just to show you the scale doesnt always show the biggest change.
absolutely fucking fantastic. recovery and true health, are so very beautiful.